This resource has expired and is no longer an accredited course. A certificate will not be generated upon completion.
“Incorporating Biosimilars into Rheumatology Practices: What It Means for Nurses and Nurse Practitioners” is an enduring online activity that will help improve your knowledge and competence relative to the science of biosimilars and how these agents can be safely and effectively incorporated into clinical care. The topics included in this educational activity are:
• Biosimilars 101 – What are They and How Do They Work?
• The Biosimilar Pathway to FDA Approval
• Reviewing the Evidence on Efficacy and Safety of Biosimilars
• ACR Guidance on Biosimilars – What It Means for Us
Overall Course Information
This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of rheumatology nurses and nurse practitioners. Other healthcare providers may also participate. This activity will not include a discussion of off-label or investigational use of products.
- Analyze the means by which safety and efficacy are proven for biosimilars
- Discuss the importance of patient education surrounding biosimilars and the appropriate role of the nurse and nurse practitioner as patient educator
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Pfizer