What does a national survey of rheumatologists and dermatologists tell us about psoriatic arthritis (PsA) care, and how can we improve?
In 2018, a steering committee of experts from the Group of Research and Assessment of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis (GRAPPA) and PRIME Education conducted a nationwide survey to assess dermatologist-rheumatologist collaboration in providing PsA care. The results pointed to a growing need to advance team-based management involving nurse practitioners (NPs), physician assistants (PAs), and nurses. In this CE-accredited webcast, a leading rheumatologist and an advanced practice provider (AAP) reflect on these findings and share interprofessional strategies for aligning team efforts for improved screening, diagnosis, and treatment of moderate-to-severe PsA. Listen in as they use case-based discussions to apply clinical guidelines, current evidence, and shared decision-making within therapy selection to achieve optimal PsA outcomes.
- Apply validated instruments to screen patients for psoriatic arthritis (PsA) and take appropriate next steps for diagnosis or referral
- Define minimal disease activity criteria for PsA and discuss evidence for treat-to-target approaches
- Differentiate small molecule and biologic therapies for PsA by key efficacy and safety data in order to inform treatment decisions
- Incorporate evidence-based strategies for engaging patients with PsA in shared treatment decision-making, including discussions on risk-benefits and patient preferences for dosing, administration, and monitoring
Nurse Accreditation Statement
PRIME® designates this activity for 1.0 contact hours
Pharmacists completing this program will earn Home Study credit in Disease State Mgmt/Drug therapy (H01).
There is no fee for this activity as it is sponsored by PRIME through an education grant from Celgene Corporation.
Instructions to Obtain Credit
- Click the link below
- Complete the pre-test
- View the entire activity online
- Complete an online evaluation and post-test
- Print your certificate online