2020 Call for Abstracts
Abstracts for a Poster Presentation
We invite you to share your expertise with students, colleagues, and other healthcare professionals in the following two categories:
- Focusing on clinical practice (i.e., quality improvement, case studies or creative solutions)
- Focusing on research (ie. Comprehensive literature reviews exploring an aspect of rheumatology nursing, actual case studies using evidence-based research and other research projects using statistical analysis related to rheumatology nursing).
Posters should provide educational value and inspire rheumatology healthcare professionals in these areas:
- Posters on clinical practice, quality improvement, case studies, or creative solutions will be evaluated on design, indicators, supporting evidence, lessons learned, practice change, outcomes measured, results, and strategy.
- Evaluation of posters on detailed literature reviews will include design, objectives, significance, methods, findings, conclusion, and implications for practice.
- Express your passion for rheumatology through a poster. The overall conference goal is to provide programs that educate and inspire rheumatology nurses and allied health professionals to achieve excellence in the care of the rheumatology patient across the lifespan.
Submit the abstract on or before June 1, 2020, by 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered for the 2020 Annual Conference. Please, direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The RNS Abstracts and Posters Committee will direct a blind review of all abstract submissions. The abstract will be evaluated for the completion of the requested information, adherence to all instructions, and stated criteria. Multiple abstract submissions are permissible. Notice of the review outcome will be sent to the lead author by June 30, 2020.
Prizes and Compensation
If the abstract is selected to present, the lead author will receive a complimentary registration for the 2020 13th Annual RNS conference. All selected lead authors are eligible to receive conference registration and one hotel night compensation. Prizes in the amount of $100 will be awarded for posters ranked highest in each category by the RNS Abstracts and Posters Committee.
Grading rubrics for abstracts in the following categories:
- Quality Improvement
- Creative Solutions
Submit applications on or before June 1st, by 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered for the 2020 Annual Conference.
Accepted abstracts may be included in the RNS Conference program book, in the official electronic newsletter of the RNS called “NewsRheum” and also on the RNS website. Presenters grant permission for their photo and poster for inclusion in RNS publications or website unless otherwise stated.
RNS members and non-members are invited to submit abstracts. The lead author will be the contact person for future correspondence. The lead author/investigator submits the abstract with the full consent of all authors/ investigators and has obtained the necessary institution clearances.
Poster presenters must be registered to attend the full conference.
There will be only one free conference registration per poster presentation. Travel or other expenses are not provided. Presenters are responsible for all expenses incurred for their presentation, including but not limited to the poster itself and handouts.
Presenters must be present at their poster display during the assigned poster presentation times to allow colleagues to ask questions. Exact times are subject to the final program. The presenter can be someone other than the lead author.
RNS Encore posters are welcome; however, they are not eligible for any prizes, awards, or free conference registration.
Abstract Submission Form
2020 13th Annual RNS Conference
JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort and Spa
5402 East Lincoln Drive, Scottsdale, Arizona 85253 / 480‑948‑1700
Wednesday, August 5, 2020 to Saturday, August 8, 2020