The Rheumatology Nurses Society Foundation (RNSF) exists to empower and further the education of those both entering, and continuing their career in rheumatology nursing. The RNSF recognizes the rheumatology workforce shortage and believes expanding and empowering the next generation of nurses in the rewarding specialty of rheumatology can bring the needed healthcare providers to the patients with rheumatologic diseases.
The RNSF announces the Anne Strong Academic Scholarship that will provide a one time $1,000 scholarship to up to three individuals annually. We are now accepting applications for the scholarship which will be awarded at the 2018 RNS Annual Conference in Fort Worth, Texas on August 8-11, 2018.
- The Anne Strong Academic Scholarship has been created to support and recognize a commitment to continuing education for rheumatology nurses.
- Must be an active RNS member at the time of scholarship application submission.
- Must be able to provide proof of enrollment in a nursing program between January 2018 and December 2018.
- Submit a 250-500 word essay summarizing past experience, professional goals and how continuing education will enhance his or her practice.
- A one time, $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to up to three candidates selected by the RNSFScholarship Committee.
- Application submission deadline July 1, 2018
- Applicants will be notified of award by July 15, 2018
- Awards will be announced and presented at the RNS Annual Conference in August.