This resource has expired and is no longer an accredited course. A certificate will not be generated upon completion.
The 2018 Forum Series is a two day evidence-based accredited continuing education and networking experience that equips rheumatology nurses to deepen their effectiveness in all healthcare settings, provide information on the role of rheumatology nurses and advanced practice providers, and point them to innovative strategies for transforming rheumatology practice. This course will help you to dig deeper into your knowledge on immunology and biologics, preparing you for the day-to-day challenges in your practice.
To earn CNE or AAPA Category 1 CME credits, participants must view the content, complete the course evaluation and pass the post-test. A certificate will be generated immediately.
This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of nurses, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants. Other healthcare providers may also participate.
- Essentials – Enhance knowledge and abilities associated with the basic topics of immunology, pharmacology, physical assessments, and infusion care from beginner and advanced perspectives of the RN, APRN, and PA in rheumatology.
- Evaluations – Evaluate and incorporate into practice current state of the science and research in several common and rare rheumatologic diseases.
- Efficiencies – Explore strategic knowledge about the clinical application of existing and emerging treatment guidelines, therapeutic options, and presentation of rheumatologic diseases while demonstrating skills learned through group case studies and discussion that will help enhance clinical competency and decision-making ability.
- Evidences – Examine best practice evidence that supports and promotes the roles of the RN, APRN, and PA in rheumatology.
- Engagements – Engage through formal and informal opportunities for collegial exchange, learning gamification, innovative educational tactics, and group case study discovery.
Rheumatology Nurses Society is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (Provider No. P0500).
Rheumatology Nurses Society designates this educational activity for 3 total contact hours and 1 CNE pharmacotherapeutic contact hours.
According to the disclosure policy of the Rheumatology Nurses Society, all faculty, planning committee members, editors, managers and other individuals who are in a position to control content are required to disclose any relevant relationships with any commercial interests related to this activity. The existence of these interests or relationships is not viewed as implying bias or decreasing the value of the presentation. All educational materials are reviewed for fair balance, scientific objectivity and levels of evidence.
John Looney, MD
Nothing to disclose
Carrie Beach, BSN, RN-BC
Advisory Board: Celgene, Merck, Sanofi
Vickie L. Sayles, BSN, CRNI, RN-BC
Advisory Board: Celgene
Eileen McCullagh, BSN, RN, ONC, CCRC
Stock: Abbott, AbbVie, Amgen, Baxalta, Baxter, BMS, Pfizer
Advisory Board: Celgene
Jacqueline Fritz, RN, MSN, CNS, RN-BC
Speakers Bureau/Consultant: AbbVie, Celgene, Genentech, Horizon Pharma, Lilly, Momenta, Sanofi
© 2019. This CNE-certified activity is held as copyrighted © by Rheumatology Nurses Society. Through this notice, the Rheumatology Nurses Society grants permission of its use for educational purposes only. These materials may not be used, in whole or in part, for any commercial purposes without prior permission in writing from the copyright owner(s).