- This event has passed.
ETSU Applied Anatomy & Clinical Procedure Series: Upper Extremity Joint Injections
- Discuss upper extremity joint injection indications and potential complications
- Identify relevant anatomy of the shoulder and elbow, including the positioning and procedural landmarks
- Describe the relevant anatomy of the joint space and relate this to needle entry
- Demonstrate the basic approach and technique for evaluation and injection of upper extremity joints
- Describe the indications for using ultrasound for various upper extremity joints
Format: Didactic session (will begin the day to present the clinical anatomy and evidence-based approaches to the procedures), small group experiential sessions (participants will observe and identify relevant anatomy via pro-sections and virtual reality, demonstrate competency for these procedures on a surgical reality donors prepared through the modified Thiel embalming method), and simulation based training.