- This event has passed.
13th Annual Rheumatology Winter Clinical Symposium
February 12 - February 15
This premier academic meeting, run by a world-class faculty, will review key aspects and novel research findings relevant to the approach to and treatment of rheumatic diseases. The format has been specifically designed to allow optimal time for discussions and interactions.
- Rheumatology 2019: Year in Review
- “Outside the Box” (Total Joint Replacements – 2020 and beyond; Recent concepts in Orthopedic Surgery; Gastroenterology Update for the Rheumatologist) and Special Seminars (SLE: criteria, guidelines, and the approach to refractory patients)
- “How I do it” Seminar (Recent developments in Allergy / Immunology)
- Hot Topic (Blockchain, AI, Big Data – Rheumatology perspective)
- New developments in Pediatric Rheumatology: Monogenic diseases, interferonopathies
- Point/Counterpoint (Telemedicine is the future of Rheumatology; The Electronic Medical Record; Friend or Foe of Rheumatologists)
- Evidence vs Experience: Rheumatology E-Consult Beyond the Package Insert
- Evidence Based Medicine (Osteoarthritis – newer concepts in etiology and therapy; Extraarticular manifestations of RA – an update in the biologic era)
- The Hot Seat (Rheumatic Diseases – Cases and Discussion)
- FDA 201: What happens after approval? Why should Rheums care?
- Panel Discussions (What’s wrong with rheumatology clinical trials? How to fix them)
- Afternoon Workshops
- Case-based discussion: Recent Medico-Legal Issues in Rheumatology
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound: Update, theory and practice
- Medicine and Sport: A Hawaiian TED talk
- Posters and Exhibits